Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wedding Dress

Why do Christian ladies wear modest clothing every day of their lives and then on their wedding day put on a strapless gown? The wedding on Saturday brought this question up in my mind once again. Many of the Christian ladies at the wedding had on short and or low-cut dresses that they wouldn't have worn to a church service. What is with this? On the day that a Bride is representing the Bride of Christ, and should look chaste and modest, she is wearing something revealing and to me this is weird. The next day was Sunday, and the same ladies that were dressed in immodest clothes were back in their church clothes, looking decent once again. Does a wedding automatically shift us into another dimension where it is OK to look worldly? I am not the only one who is wondering about this, by the way. A co-worker thought the same thing. Glad I am not caught in the dimensional shift all by myself.

No comments: