Friday, September 12, 2008

One of "those" Days

Well, 9-11 came and went and America is still on the map. I am very thankful to the Lord for that. However, today was one of those days when the fact that you actually did wake up was the best thing that happened. It's been downhill from there. A loud jangling phone call jolting me awake before the morning alarm clock goes off. I hate it when that happens. Don't people remember that when it is day at their place it is night over here? Guess not, since it happens so often that we have started turning off our vonage internet phone at night. I figure if anybody dies in the night while I am sleeping, they will still be dead in the morning. If somebody is sick, or really in trouble they can use my cell phone and pay money to do so. The way I see it, if something so urgent happens that serious prayer is needed, people won't mind paying to use the cell phone. If, however, it is lame enough to only need free phone prayer it can wait till morning.

The next thing that happened as I slid deeper into frustration, was the computer. The person who invented the computer, either is now or will be soon, burning in hell. I've heard the question asked, "Is Bill Gates the antichrist?" I wonder... . I needed to work on some old files and Microsoft Word gave me some garbage about not being able to open my old stuff because of something. Time to call for backup. The geek arrived and did stuff. He didn't tell me what because he said he didn't want me to know, because it was too dangerous to try to fix on my own. Whatever. The old files now open and nobody died. Yet. But the day isn't over and if there is one thing I have learned, it's not to count your chickens till the fat lady sings. Or something like that.

No comments: