Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Trouble with Blogs

Just over the last few days since I began this new endeavor, I have found a singular problem with blogging. You feel obligated to write whether you have anything to say or not. I have always had a problem with people who have nothing to say, but say it anyway. Like the evangelist who has nothing to say, so he says it louder and with singing and dancing and swinging from the ceiling fan. Kind of like the circus, but without the tights and sequins. Yes, sometimes church can be quite entertaining. For entertainment I would rather watch a John Wayne movie and for laughs, an old rerun of the Beverly Hillbillies, but that is just me and I do understand that many folks enjoy "camp meetin'' antics. If everybody were like me the world would be really boring. They don't call me "the Cynic" for nothing.

God was very gracious to us yesterday. He halted a $40,000 printing project that had a major error in the text of the book. It is a project that has dragged on for many months and is finally coming to fruition. How we thank Him for His mercy and grace in allowing someone to catch this before it went to press. Some languages are easy. In some languages, Satan does not fight as hard to hinder. In this particular language, he is throwing a "ring-tailed fit." Pray for us, we need the prayers of God's people to get this language into print.

No comments: