Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Toto was the dog in the Wizard of Oz

I was looking at some other blogs today and I realize that I am doing something that some have already found annoying. I am attempting to keep things somewhat generic as to where I am and what I am doing. It has to be this way. Our website has already been checked by the governments of at least 2 of these countries (that we know of). If they think that we are being in any way hostile, they can block us and then nobody can read our stuff or visit our website from here. They did this to a well known Christian man and just mentioning his name may get me in trouble here, so again, sorry about that. For those of you who know who I am, the places and perhaps some of the people you will recognize. No, I have not forgotten their names, I just can't mention them. Some of them are really "flying under the radar," in a couple of very hostile environments. Freedom of speech is not a constitutional right in this country. We ain't in Kansas, Toto. Anyway, to those of you who are wondering why all the cloak and dagger, just because 'dat is how it gotta be. Like I saw on a tee shirt the other day: Elvis is dead. Deal with it. Kinda the same concept.

To the many who have visited us here and know how it is, thank you for all the help you were and still are in the very important realm of prayer. I really miss all of you very much and think and pray for you often. One young man arrives tonight. We really look forward to his being here and hope he stays as long as he possibly can. Another lady arrives in about 2 weeks. We are so grateful for those who are making the sacrifice. Ah, Barnabas, I do so miss you especially, SMDYak. I do get very lonely here at times. There really is such a thing as evolution. If it were not for books, I would probably have evolved into a raving lunatic. Someone once said that our lives are shaped by only 2 things: the people we meet and the books we read. I have found that this is true. We have to meet a Person, and then afterward we need to read His book. Many have read the Book first, then met the Person. One way or the other, the saying does hold true. Stay in The Word, and then learn by reading the books of good, honest, Godly people. College is highly overrated, especially secular institutions of higher learning. If a person can read, he can educate himself better than any school ever could. If a few uneducated fisherman were good enough for Jesus, don't think too highly of your PhD. PhD stands for "piled high and deep." Many things are piled high and deep. Garbage for one example.

No comments: