Saturday, October 18, 2008

Friends

I loved this recent e-mail I received so much that I am going to share it with you. The names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Hi Rick,
Guess what? Art is going to kill me and I am going to kill you!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other day when you talked to him on the phone you told him that you had pictures of your trip on your "facebook". Well that is just great, Art nor I had ever even heard of facebook, so a few days ago I was bored without Art here to aggravate me and cook and clean for so I decided to see what "facebook" is... I just wanted to see your stupid pictures that's all! In order to go on there you have to fill out some stuff, so I did. I wrote Art's info. I figured it was you that told him about it, that maybe it needed to be his name and stuff. And now, here is the part that Art will kill me and I will kill you over... Every morning when I get up to check e-mail there are dozens and dozens of new people wanting us to be their "friends". How pathetic, all these people we thought we had finally moved far enough away from that we would never have to hear from again are all of a sudden here every morning on my computer when I get out of bed, wanting to be our "friend". I have no idea how to work this whole thing of "keeping in touch" with people you care little about, so I have been deleting the e-mails (trying to hide the evidence from Art, till he gets back and decides if he truly wants to be friends). On a bright note, I didn't put my name, so I have not been getting all these e-mails. In a word, life still works for me, I have no "friends". Your new "friends" wife, Jane

Not me. I didn't do it. I don't want any "friends" either. I'm too computer illiterate to get rid of them once they have taken up residence in my computer.

No comments: